Lexop also allows its users to notify (e-serve) documents to recipients of their choosing, without any membership requirement. This activity is created through the Lexop Outlook module (or your Dashboard) much like a regular email.
To notify documents:
- Click “Notify” from the “New With Lexop” Action Group (on the Outlook ribbon).
- Enter information relative to the current case (if you chose Legal during the installation process).
If you instead chose Financial/Enterprise when installing, the information here will relate to a File instead of a Case:
- Enter Sender Name (optional) if you are notifying a document on behalf of another person. This will be displayed by the email service of the recipient(s) as the “From” field.
- You can select “Secure Transfer”, if you wish to lock the attached file via a secret PIN and toggle “Clear Metadata” to clear or not the metadata related to your attachments (this includes track-changes and comments).
- Add recipient(s) just as you would for a regular email. If you already have lists previously saved in your Dashboard, you can recall them by clicking “Load recipients…”
- Click on “Edit recipients…” and enter each recipient’s full name if needed
You can also click “Save List…” to store the list for future use. After that, for all subsequent Shares and Notifications, you will be able to recall it (or others), by pressing “Load Recipients”.
If you enabled “Secure Transfer”, you will have to enter the security PIN. This key will be used to block the access to any of the download links leading to your attachments (see Guest and Secure Portals section).
- Add attachment(s) you wish to notify, same as for a regular email.
- You can enter any message that you would like to send to the recipient(s) in the main body of the Lexop form (same as for a regular email).
- Click “Notify” or “Send”.
Here’s an example of the email that your recipient(s) would receive:
A confirmation report will be made available to your recipients, in the email or in their Lexop Inbox (from the Online Dashboard if they are members) and to yourself, in your Lexop Outbox (from the Online Dashboard).
Here is an example of the confirmation report: